1.10.2005

Brighter days

And so today my world it smiles
You're hand in mine, we walk the miles
Thanks to you, it will be done
Because you to me are the only one
Happiness... no more be sad
Happiness... I'm glad


Well, I was driving home after work, thinking of the call from Rachel from the previous night. I was thinking that maybe I should drive to Pelham to see her. But, I did not turn anywhere that would take me even remotely close to Pelham. And then when I got to Hopeful, I came across a funeral procession. I turned onto Hwy. 65, heading for Pelham. I thought, "Well, I'll just turn onto Branchville Rd. and head home." By the time I realized I missed Branchville, I was at Hwy. 112. I figured, go for it. And then when I got to Pelham, I came to the caution light, and decided to loop back to Camilla. Back and forth, back and forth, until I found myself at Rachel's family's house. So I rang the bel, and her father was there. We talked a bit. I asked how Rachel's baby was doing, and then asked how Rachel and her husband were getting along. He told me what I already knew without knowing: Rachel is getting divorced.

In a moment, everything can change.

I was absolutely shocked. I don't know why since I seemed to already know. And yes, I told him about my dream. He didn't think I was crazy. And then he got Rachel on the phone... I could hear her getting thrilled at the prospect that I was over at her house. And then I saw her.

If the sun refused to shine
I would still be loving you
If mountains crumble to the sea
There would still be you and me

The feelings were all rushing back. But, did they ever truly go away? Brooke asked me back when she was 9 if I liked Rachel... I told her flat-out that I did. Now at 11, she asked me if now that Rachel is getting divorced if I was going to persue her again. I told her, "You bet!"

Everything is different now

Things are different now though. Two years have definitely made us both face reality, and we're very different people than we were, but still the same. But, does having another chance mean that I will fare any better at it? Does it mean I will finally get over that fear I had so long ago of wondering what would happen if I told her? In time, but she is going through so much... new daughter, divorce, possible new job. But, I am not going to not let her know how I feel this time.

I smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E

But guess who is starting to worm her way back into everybody's life? Yep, Angee. She found out about Rachel divorcing, and immediately started calling at her usual odd hours. Rachel wanted to know what the hell Angee wanted (I told her, "Money that neither of us have") and got Brandie on the phone. As far as I know, it was that Brandie! Angee had asked (read: wanted) Brandie to clean her house for her. I started looking for Stacey's number! LOL At last, I will be the one telling him the news on one of #175's most memorable employees. :P But, now Angee knows that I know about Rachel's situation. She will try to throw a monkey wrench into the works, much like she did with Laura. But, I think me and Rachel can see through Angee's bullshit now. But, what are the odds that Angee will send Brandie calling on me? Pretty damn good, if Brandie a) had any feelings for me and b) told Angee.

A complicated situation just got easier and then even more complicated.

No comments: